Department of Mineral Resources and Energy (DMRE)
The vision of the Department of Mineral Resources and Energy (DMRE) is to be a leader in the transformation of South Africa through economic growth and sustainable development in the mining and energy sectors.
Its mission is to regulate, transform and promote the minerals and energy sectors, providing sustainable and affordable energy for growth and development, and ensuring that all South Africans derive sustainable benefit from the country’s mineral wealth.
- Central Energy Fund SOC Ltd (CEF)
- Council for Geoscience (CGS)
- Mine Health and Safety Council (MHSC)
- National Energy Regulator of South Africa (NERSA)
- National Nuclear Regulator (NNR)
- National Radioactive Waste Disposal Institute (NRWDI)
- Petroleum, Oil and Gas Corporation of South Africa (PetroSA)
- South African Diamond and Precious Metals Regulator (SADPMR)
- South African National Energy Development Institute (SANEDI)
- South African Nuclear Energy Corporation (NECSA)
- State Diamond Trader