Department: Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (DAFF)
|Postal||Private Bag X250, Pretoria, 0001|
|Physical||20 Steve Biko (formerly Beatrix) Street, Arcadia, Pretoria, 0002|
|Tel||012 319 6000|
|Fax||012 319 6681|
OverviewThe mission of the Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (DAFF) is to advance food security and agrarian transformation in the agricultural sector through innovative, inclusive and sustainable policies and programmes.
The Department's strategic goals are: increased profitable production of food, fibre and timber products by all categories of producers; sustained management of natural resources; effective national regulatory services and risk management systems; a transformed and united sector; increased contribution of the sector to economic growth and development; and effective and efficient governance.
- Agricultural Produce Agents Council (APAC)
- Agricultural Research Council (ARC)
- National Agricultural Marketing Council (NAMC)
- Onderstepoort Biological Products (OBP)
- Perishable Products Export Control Board (PPECB)
- South African Veterinary Council (SAVC)