|Postal||Private Bag X115, Pretoria, 0001|
|Physical||40 Church Square, Pretoria, 0002|
|Tel||012 315 5111|
|Fax||012 315 5126|
OverviewThe mission of the Department of the National Treasury is to promote economic development, good governance, social progress and rising living standards through accountable, economic, efficient, equitable and sustainable management of South Africa's public finances.
The National Treasury's legislative mandate is also described in the Public Finance Management Act. The National Treasury is mandated to: promote government's fiscal policy framework; coordinate macroeconomic policy and intergovernmental financial relations; manage the budget preparation process; facilitate the Division of Revenue Act, which provides for an equitable distribution of nationally raised revenue between national, provincial and local government; and monitor the implementation of provincial budgets. As mandated by the executive and Parliament, the National Treasury will continue to support the optimal allocation and utilisation of financial resources in all spheres of government to reduce poverty and vulnerability among South Africa's most marginalised.
The National Treasury's priorities include: increasing investment in infrastructure and industrial capital; improving education and skills development to raise productivity; improving the regulation of markets and public entities; and fighting poverty and inequality through efficient public service delivery, expanded employment levels, income support and empowerment.
- Accounting Standards Board (ASB)
- Co-operative Banks Development Agency (CBDA)
- Development Bank of Southern Africa (DBSA)
- Financial Intelligence Centre (FIC)
- Financial Sector Conduct Authority (FSCA)
- Government Pensions Administration Agency (GPAA)
- Government Technical Advisory Centre (GTAC)
- Independent Regulatory Board for Auditors (IRBA)
- Land and Agricultural Development Bank of South Africa (Land Bank)
- Office of the Ombud for Financial Services Providers (FAIS Ombud)
- Office of the Pension Funds Adjudicator (OPFA)
- Office of the Tax Ombud (OTO)
- Public Investment Corporation SOC Ltd (PIC)
- Sasria SOC Ltd
- South African Revenue Service (SARS)