Department of Communications and Digital Technologies (DCDT)
|Postal||Private Bag X860, Pretoria, 0001|
|Physical||iParioli Office Park, 1166 Park Street, Hatfield, Pretoria, 0001|
|Tel||012 427 8000|
|Fax||012 427 8110|
The mission of the Department of Communications and Digital Technologies (DCDT) is to create an enabling environment for the provision of inclusive communication services to all South Africans in a manner that promotes socio-economic development and investment through broadcasting, new media, print media and other new technologies, and to brand the country locally and internationally.
The Department's strategic outcome-orientated goals are to: enable the maximisation of investment in the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) sector and create new competitive business opportunities for the growth of the ICT industry for socio-economic development; ensure that ICT infrastructure is accessible, robust, reliable, affordable and secure to meet the needs of the country and its people; accelerate the socio-economic development of South Africans and facilitate the building of an inclusive information society through partnerships with business and civil society, and the three spheres of government; improve departmental performance and enhance the role of ICT State-Owned Enterprises (SOEs) as the delivery arms of government; and contribute to the global ICT agenda prioritising Africa's development.
- .za Domain Name Authority (ZADNA)
- Broadband Infraco
- Film and Publication Board (FPB)
- Independent Communications Authority of South Africa (ICASA)
- National Electronic Media Institute of South Africa (NEMISA)
- South African Broadcasting Corporation SOC Limited (SABC)
- South African Post Office (SAPO)
- State Information Technology Agency (SITA)
- Universal Service and Access Agency of South Africa (USAASA)