Department of Communications and Digital Technologies (DCDT)
|Private Bag X860, Pretoria, 0001
|iParioli Office Park, 1166 Park Street, Hatfield, Pretoria, 0001
|012 427 8000
The mission of the Department of Communications and Digital Technologies (DCDT) is to create an enabling environment for the provision of inclusive communication services to all South Africans in a manner that promotes socio-economic development and investment through broadcasting, new media, print media and other new technologies, and to brand the country locally and internationally.
The Department's strategic outcome-orientated goals are to: enable the maximisation of investment in the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) sector and create new competitive business opportunities for the growth of the ICT industry for socio-economic development; ensure that ICT infrastructure is accessible, robust, reliable, affordable and secure to meet the needs of the country and its people; accelerate the socio-economic development of South Africans and facilitate the building of an inclusive information society through partnerships with business and civil society, and the three spheres of government; improve departmental performance and enhance the role of ICT State-Owned Enterprises (SOEs) as the delivery arms of government; and contribute to the global ICT agenda prioritising Africa's development.
- .za Domain Name Authority (ZADNA)
- Broadband Infraco
- Film and Publication Board (FPB)
- Independent Communications Authority of South Africa (ICASA)
- National Electronic Media Institute of South Africa (NEMISA)
- South African Broadcasting Corporation SOC Limited (SABC)
- South African Post Office (SAPO)
- State Information Technology Agency (SITA)
- Universal Service and Access Agency of South Africa (USAASA)